Thursday, October 30, 2014

Raw Red Pepper Hemp Soup

The air is getting chilly, and it is only going to get colder. Will I stay raw on those cold nights to come, for months on end in the unforgiving East Coast winter? Even if I have something cooked at some point, can I maintain my commitment to my health and the health of my family? I am enjoying the food we have been eating, but it is getting COLD. I think I have the answer, and it is soup. Yes, raw soups, but no chilled. Room temperature soups warmed, not on the stove, but with heat from spices! Bring on the cayenne, winter is just around the corner!


4 cups bell pepper (I used baby bell peppers, so I mixed red, orange, and yellow)
3/4 cup hemp seeds
1 large tomato
1/4 cup red onion
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 cup sauerkraut juice (water from homemade sauerkraut)
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
pink Himalayan salt to taste
jalapeno slice and baby bell pepper to garnish

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Garnish with jalapeno and baby bell pepper. Serve at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment