Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Butternut Squash Noodles in Coconut-Tahini Sauce

It has been a LONG weekend, and coming back to work is tough. The good news is I will be coming home to a new spiralizer! The Sprirooli is now in Bed, Bath & Beyond for only $25. I spent twice that when I bought one for my friend a few month's back! Anyway, here is a recipe I made before getting the spiralizer (I just used a julienne peeler which was $10, so there is a slightly cheaper option for you!)


1/2 a butternut squash
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup tahini
1 teaspoon white truffle oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1 small handful of fresh savory herbs (I used sage, rosemary, and parsley)
2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
2 teaspoons coconut flakes (optional
pink Himilayan salt

Spiralize the butternut squash and place in bowl. Add lemon juice and salt (about a teaspoon), and set aside for 15 minutes to become a bit more tender. In a blender or food processor combine coconut milk, tahini, white truffle oil, cumin, and salt to taste. Blend until smooth. Pour sauce over noodles. Chop herbs and add to bowl. Mix and plate, sprinkle with nutritional yeast and coconut flakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment