Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Raw Vegetable Curry with Turnip Coconut "Rice"

I love my sauces. I love my Indian food. I love avocado, but it doesn't belong in Indian food... or does it? While I am not completely opposed to a little cooked food now and then, this raw kick has been making me feel pretty good, so I invented this little creation! Have fun with it!


Vegetable Curry

1 small bunch of broccolini
1 cup of sliced cherry tomatoes
1/2 slice red bell pepper
1 avocado
1 tablespoon almond coconut milk
1 teaspoon coconut aminos
2 tablespoons turmeric
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
pink Himalayan salt to taste

In a food processor, combine avocado, almond-coconut milk, coconut aminos, turmeric, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Blend into a thick sauce. Slice remaining vegetables and cover with sauce.

"Rice"

1 large turnip
1 tablespoon coconut oil
Celtic sea salt to taste

In a food processor, pulse turnip, coconut oil, and salt. Stop when it has become a grain-like consistency. Serve next to curry and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment