Thursday, July 31, 2014

10 Packaged Food Items I Love

No one is paying me to write this (but if any of the companies want to give me money or coupons, I wouldn't complain). While I have been trying to make as many things straight from fruits, veggies, and nuts myself, sometimes you need a little help! I am not the type to get satisfaction munching on a celery stick alone. So these ten items are staples I keep in the kitchen, or at least try to. Most are raw, everything is vegan, gluten-free, and soy-free.

1. Julian Bakery Paleo Wraps- My most recent discovery! I am waiting on a shipment of turmeric ones right now. These wraps are made from dehydrated coconut meat and are a raw food enthusiasts dream come true!

2. Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos- If you haven't noticed most of my savory recipes call for this stuff. As far as I can tell it is the only soy-free substitute to soy sauce. I only wish they sold the stuff in larger containers.

3. Rawxie's Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies- All of their raw cookies are good, but these are my favorites. I know it seems disappointing that there are only two cookies per package, but usually I am satisfied by just one!

4. Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar- This is pretty straight forward, but still pretty essential. Even works well on acne.

5. Raw One Rosemary-Sundried Tomato Flax Crackers- There are a lot of flax crackers out there, but these are my favorites. They compliment most raw dips and "cheeses" I make and are thinner than most.

6. Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Pizza Dough- Every now and then I crave pizza. My son was watching the Ninja Turtles last night and it was driving me crazy. For special treats I make this by using egg replacer instead of egg and coconut oil instead of olive oil (since coconut oil is healthier for cooked food).

7. Dr. Bronner's Virgin Unrefined Coconut Oil- Speaking of coconut oil... there are many kinds out there, but this is my favorite. Replaces butter in any recipe.

8. King Soba Pumpkin, Ginger & Rice Noodles- The best gluten-free noodles I have ever tasted. These are specifically good for Asia dishes, but also great with coconut or nut based cream sauces.

9. Once Again Sugar and Salt Free Sunflower Seed Butter- The perfect replacement for junkier peanut butters.

10. Ancient Harvest Garden Pagodas- Another favorite gluten-free pasta of mine. This one is quinoa and corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment