Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Raw Italian Zucchini Boats

I was tired after my 9-hour work day yesterday, and came home asking my husband if he wanted millet, quinoa, or something else lightly cooked. He made a sad face, but said he would be fine with whatever I decided. We have been eating a lot of raw food the past few days and have been feeling pretty good about it. The only problem is I was drained, hungry, and craving something savory. So I looked in the fridge and invented these babies. Paired with a side salad with homemade Dijon vinaigrette. Satisfaction guaranteed.


1 large zucchini
1 medium-sized tomato
1/4 cup of red onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup of hemp seeds
juice from 1/2 lemon
1 teaspoon coconut aminos
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 handful of mixed herbs (I used parsley, oregano, basil, and rosemary)
dash of red pepper flakes
pink Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste

Cut the zucchini in half length-wise. Carefully hollow out the inside zucchini bits and set aside. The thinner your boat wallas are, the better! Dice the remaining zucchini guts, tomato, and onion. In a medium-sized bowl combine the zucchini guts, tomato, onion, hemp seeds, olive oil, lemon, coconut aminos, nutritional yeast, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Allow to soak for a few minutes and fill your boats. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment