Thursday, April 9, 2015

Raw Vegan Apple-Carrot Pulp Muffins

I have gotten pretty good at juicing almost every day now. The juicer pulp I end up collecting the most of is usually either apple or carrot. Luckily the two of these combined together are great for sweet and savory combinations.

I made these muffins without a dehydrator, which left them very moist. If that isn't your preference you can pop these in the dehydrator for a bit to get a crunchier outer layer. Either way, these can satisfy those morning cravings without the wheat.


1 cup apple pulp (I used Fuji)
1 cup carrot pulp
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, sprouted (I bought pre-sprouted)
7 dates, pitted
1/2 cup dried apple slices
1 banana
1/2 cup brazil nuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon
dash pink Himalayan salt

Put all ingredients into a food processor and pulse into desired texture. (I recommend not overdoing it, as I like them kind of hearty.) Scoop out a small handful and roll into a tightly packed muffin shape. Eat as is or dehydrate at 105 degrees for an hour or two. Place on cupcake wrapper for effect. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment