Monday, April 20, 2015

Raw Banana Pecan Breakfast Parfait

There is a fine line in some recipes where breakfast ends and dessert begins. Since there is no added sweetener other than fruit in this recipe, let's call it breakfast. Even if your taste buds tell you it is dessert.

I invented this little treat when I realized I was going to make raw banana pancakes the night before, but got too lazy to whip up a batch and put them in the dehydrator. Ho hum. Luckily this recipe has most of the same flavors without taking as much forethought. In fact, the only thing I did to prepare ahead of time was soak and dehydrate my pecans, to make them more easily digestible.

Move over IHOP, raw parfaits are coming to town!



6 dates, pitted
1/2 an apple (I used Fuji)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons almond milk
dash pink Himalayan salt
1 banana
1/3 cup pecans (soaked and dehydrated)
1/3 cup mulberries
1/3 cup raisins (I used golden)

In a small food processor, combine the dates, apple (coarsely chopped), cinnamon, almond milk, and salt. Blend until smooth and set aside. Slice your banana. In a glass or jar start layering your banana slices with the pecans, mulberries, raisins, and cinnamon-date mixture. Top with pecans and banana slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment