Monday, December 29, 2014

Raw Triple Chocolate Doughnuts

I am finally coming out of my holiday coma. Let me tell you, Christmas is a hard time for health! I have actually mainly been consuming juices, smoothies, and salads now that family time is over, but I still thought I would share with you these treats I had for Christmas morning! Maybe for the new year I will give you more daily cleanse tips!



1 1/2 cups pecans (soaked 8 hours)
7 dates
1/2 cup carob powder
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup coconut butter
1/3 cup carob powder
2 tablespoons liquid sweetener (coconut nectar, maple syrup, honey or agave)
1/4 cup cacao nibs

In a food processor combine the soaked pecans, dates, and carob powder. Blend until almost dough-like. Using a silicone mini-doughnut mold, shape the mixture into doughnut forms. Place donuts on dehydrator tray and dehydrate overnight (roughly 8 hours) at 105 degrees. In the morning, warm coconut oil and coconut butter at lowest temperature in a saucepan, just to the point of melting and turn off. Stir in carob powder and sweetener until even melted chocolate mixture. Remove doughnuts from the dehydrator and drizzle with chocolate mixture. Sprinkle with cacao nibs and place in refrigerator for chocolate frosting to harden (roughly 15 minutes). Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment