Monday, December 22, 2014

Quick Raw BBQ Cauliflower

Around the holidays it seems like I not only don't have time, but have negative time. I have to cut things out of my normal daily routine to fit in making dishes that people who aren't raw won't find "gross". I have gifts to make, since my budget is limited and my new family (by marriage) is huge! And growing! I have to clean the house because on my side of the family my son is the only child, so Christmas morning revolves around him... and our living room. Then running around buying last minute gifts and going to parties, and I look in the fridge to realize I haven't been grocery shopping enough. And I am also broke. And the fast food place by the shopping center starts seeming to make sense... gross sense, but sense. Look at all the raw treats I made this weekend, and you'll know why I am exhausted (yes, all raw vegan... even the egg nog which I didn't take a picture of)!




I mean, what can I possibly eat with half a head of cauliflower, a few cherry tomatoes, and some raisins... wait! There is hope! No dehydrating, sprouting, soaking, or fermenting needed for this recipe. Instant raw satisfying goodness that I paired with a cheesy kale salad and some sauerkraut. Don't give up when being healthy gets tough, just get creative!


1/2 head of cauliflower
3/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup of water
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon liquid sweetener (I used honey, but you can use maple syrup, coconut nectar, or agave)
1 teaspoon chipotle pepper
1 teaspoon coconut aminos
1/2 teaspoon paprika
pink Himalayan salt to taste

Chop the cauliflower into small florets. Place in a medium-sized pan or large bowl and sprinkle with a generous amount of salt and set aside. Place all other ingredients in a small food processor or blender and mix until smooth. If the mixture is too thick add a bit more water. It should be the same consistency as barbecue sauce. Pour over cauliflower and stir until evenly covered. You can eat immediately (if you are rushing), but waiting at least 15 minutes helps the cauliflower become a bit more tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment