Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Hard Truth

I have a lot of friends these days ask what I have been doing with my diet. I have received some comments that I look thinner. I have lost weight, but that isn't really my ultimate goal. My goal is to feel better. I want to be comfortable in my own skin. I have been improving on this everyday, and do have advice to give when asked, but there is one thing that gets hard to say...

You will never be healthy if you are abusing your body with substances. American socializing seems to revolve around massive consumption of mood altering vices. Alcohol, cigarettes, and recreational drug use will stunt your body from ever becoming healthy. That is a cold, hard truth. If you are drinking every night with your girlfriends it doesn't really matter that you did that one-week juice cleanse. If you are smoking, your exercise is kind of a waste of time. And if you are a heroin addict then it really doesn't matter that you are vegan.

I am not saying this to come across as harsh or judgmental. The obvious reality is that if you want to take care of your body, you need to take care of your body. There are no instant quick fixes. Love is work, and sometimes loving yourself is the hardest work.

No comments:

Post a Comment