Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Raw Apricot BBQ Zucchini Noodles with Jerk Kraut

My cheap spiralizer broke. I felt very sad, but then read on ohsheglows.com that you can use a julienne peeler! It is basically a peeler with teeth so I picked one up in the grocery store for much cheaper than a good quality spiralizer (although I do hope to get one soon!) Anyway, I made this!



1 zuchinni
1/2 cup of dried apricots
1/2 a medium sized tomato
 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon chili pepper
1 teaspoon chipotle pepper
2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
1/3 cup of water
Celtic sea salt to taste
1/2 cup of jerk sauerkraut (follow my sauerkraut recipe included with the Krautflleckerl recipe, but leave out the caraway seeds and put jerk seasoning instead)

Cut the ends off the zuchinni. Spiralize or peel with a julienne peeler and set in a bowl lined with paper towels (to catch excess liquid). In a food processor, mix dried apricots, tomato, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, chili pepper, chipotle pepper, nutritional yeast, water, and salt until smooth. In a large bowl mix zuchinni, sauce, and jerk sauerkraut. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment