Thursday, August 7, 2014

Raw Beet Walnut Sun-dried Tomato Burgers

So, my inquisitive blog readers, do you want to know what happened to my body this week? Tuesday I woke up feeling nauseated and mildly feverish, so I took the day off. Yesterday I felt just fine and went through the entire day at work until I noticed that I had broken out in hives all around the center of my chest and through to the base of my spine. Luckily, they only lasted a day and are already gone. I have read that this can happen during detoxing, as your skin is the biggest filtration system for releasing toxins. I could play a guessing game all day long as to which toxins are coming out of my body... chemicals I was exposed to in art school, hair dye I administered several times in the same week, alcohol and Red Bull from crazy nights in my twenties, antibiotics I was consistently prescribed to rid myself of boils, or just the Standard American Diet. But whatever it was, I am happy it is gone. I feel like eating mostly raw has helped this process, so I here is today's lunch creation!


For the Burger Patties:  

1 large beet or 2 small beets
1/3 cup of walnuts (soaked roughly 4 hours, drained)
1/3 cup of sun-dried tomatoes (soaked until soft, drained)
3 dates, pitted
1 tablespoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon or corriander
pinch of white pepper
Celtic sea salt to taste

Place all ingredients in a food processor and plus until thoroughly blended. Scoop out a handful of the mixture and pat into a patty shape. Leave in fridge on a paper towel or cloth to drain excess liquid until ready to eat.

Additional Fixin's:

1 paleo wrap or large collard leaf (for wrapper)
1 medium tomato, sliced
1 homemade pickle, sliced
romaine lettuce leaves
stone ground mustard 

No comments:

Post a Comment