Monday, August 24, 2015

Raw Vegan Coconut Carrot Cake Bites

I may live in Hawaii now, but I am still a working stiff just like a lot of you... I just have a really beautiful commute! At the end of the day, and that 45-minute long commute, I can get low on energy for food prep. Once my dinner is done I want some dessert. I almost always want dessert. Heck, I had dessert already and I wouldn't mind some more right now! I digress...

Unfortunately I am not the raw Martha Stewart who has the whole day to work in kitchen to create a seven layer raw cake. I am also not the perfect health guru who can be satisfied with just fruit all the time. Sometimes I want a bit more!

I made these coconut carrot cake bites in 5 minutes. I dehydrated them for about an hour since I used soaked deglet dates, but if you used mejool dates dehydrating wouldn't be necessary. I used sunflower seed butter, but feel free to use whichever seed or nut butter you prefer!


2 cups carrots
1 cup dates, pitted
1 tablespoon raw seed or nut butter
1/3 cup coconut flakes
2 teaspoons cinnamon
dash of sea salt
extra cinnamon and coconut flakes for rolling

Put all ingredients in a food processor and mix, stopping to stir the edges every so often. Stop when mixture has an even, but not completely smooth texture. Scoop mixture and roll into balls roughly 1 1/2 inch in diameter. If balls are too wet (stop snickering children) you can dehydrate for up to 2 hours at 110 degrees or roll on a paper towel to remove excess water. Roll the balls in extra cinnamon and coconut flakes. Serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment