Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites

I start just about every morning with a juice and a smoothie. I usually have a salad about once a day. I eat a fair amount of fruit. But I'll be darned if I don't need a dessert treat every once in a while to keep me balanced.

Cookie dough ice cream used to be one of my favorites, of course, as it is essentially fat on fat. But not all fats are created equal. This recipe gets all it's fat from coconuts, and is nut-free for those of you who suffer from allergies. If you want to take this recipe to the next level and make cookie dough ice cream, just freeze some bananas and run them through the food processor and add the dough bites!

I would also like to take this opportunity to honor my husband, who is going through a fruit fast and sat next to me with great discipline and patience as I downed an entire plate of these, gushing over how decadent they were.


3/4 cup dried mulberries
1/3 cup dried coconut flakes
2 tablespoons coconut butter
5 dates, pitted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
dash of pink Himalayan salt
1/4 cup cacao nibs

Combine mulberries, coconut flakes, coconut butter, dates, vanilla extract, and salt in a food processor and blend until you get a dough-like texture. Pour in cacao nibs and stir evenly. Roll into small 1-inch balls. Balls may have some excess oil, which you can pat off with a paper towel or dish cloth, if you prefer. Serve at room temperature or chill in the fridge for a slightly harder consistency. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment