Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Raw Cinnamon Cacao Raisin Pumpkin Seed Cookies

I know, I know. It is Wednesday morning and you don't have time to cook. You need to get to work or drop the kids at daycare. You are already late. Well, if you can squeeze in an extra ten minutes you can give yourself a treat. I did, and pairing with my hibiscus tea makes for a great morning!


1 1/2 cups soaked Austrian pumpkin seeds (at least 8 hours)
1 cup of raisins (I use oil free raisins, which I recommend if you can find them near you)
2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
dash of salt
1/4 cup cacao nibs
sprinkling of cinnamon

Drain and dry the pumpkin seeds. In a food processor, add pumpkin seeds, raisins, arrowroot powder, honey, vanilla, and salt. Blend until a dough-like consistency. Add cacao nibs and blend one quick cycle (not to long or you will lose the chunkiness). Roll into balls and flatten into cookie shapes. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon. Leave on paper towel to absorb the excess moisture for a few hours. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment