Monday, May 18, 2015

Raw Vegan Cacao-Orange Breakfast Pudding

During the week I have a pretty strict regiment of smoothies and juice for breakfast, and it works well for me. It is part of my schedule and I know what to expect. On the weekends, when my child and cat have decided that it is time to get up although my husband has not, those are some of my indulgence times. Not heavy, greasy, syrupy indulgences, just sweet treats to give me enough energy to be able to handle some of the exciting tasks like laundry or dishes from the night before.

The reason I consider this recipe a breakfast pudding instead of dessert is that it almost resembles a smoothie bowl, but has just a touch more decadence. Breakfast, dessert, you decide. Anytime you have it, it is delicious.



Topping:

1/2 cup hemp seeds
1/3 cup raisins
1 tablespoon cacao
dash pink Himalayan salt

Pudding:

3 bananas (the riper, the better)
juice from 1 orange
1 tablespoon hemp milk
1 tablespoon cacao
1 tablespoon carob
1/2 tablespoon coconut butter
1 tablespoon liquid sweetener (coconut nectar, honey, maple syrup, agave, or honey substitute)

In a small food processor combine all topping ingredients and pulse into a crumble texture. In a blender combine all pudding ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour pudding in a bowl and top with crumble. Add an orange slice to garnish, in you so desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment